At Stanford Medicine, our mission is to find new and better ways to protect the health and enhance the quality of life of all people. Our community of physicians, nurses, staff, teachers and trainees are dedicated to acquiring new insights and creating solutions to complex health problems that can improve the well-being of children and adults in the community and around the world.
Stanford Medicine is in the process of modernizing and expanding our physical resources, creating an environment that can accommodate new technologies and provide the best in personalized, family-centered health care. The Renewal Project is building larger, more modern facilities to advance medical research, train the next generation of physicians and scholars, and meet growing demands on the hospitals that apply the highest standards of comfort and safety.
Stanford Medicine comprises Stanford Health Care, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford and Stanford University School of Medicine.
The Stanford University Medical Center Renewal Project includes:
- Welch Road, which has been reopened with new landscaping, sidewalks, lighting and bike lanes
- A new Hoover Medical Campus comprising the renovated landmark Hoover Pavilion, a new parking garage and the Stanford Neuroscience Center
- Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, an expanded and modernized hospital for children and expectant mothers
- Stanford Health Care, a new adult hospital that adds more beds, private rooms, state-of-the-art operating suites and streamlined services
- An expanded Emergency Department to serve children and adults
- Updated School of Medicine laboratories and teaching spaces to meet seismic-safety standards and to accommodate modern technology
- Upgraded water and gas lines and new information technology infrastructure