Stanford University Medical Center has transformed countless lives in our community, offering the highest quality medical services available anywhere right in our own backyard. The Renewal Project will rebuild and modernize the facilities that are the foundation of our community’s healthcare services. The cornerstone of the Renewal Project is providing safe, modern hospitals with adequate capacity for patient care.
The Stanford University Medical Center Renewal Project plans include:
- Renovating Hoover Pavilion, the original Palo Alto Hospital
- Relocating and upgrading water and gas lines as well as information technology in frastructure along Welch Road that are vital to Medical Center building improvements and updates
- Rebuilding Stanford Hospital & Clinics and the Emergency Department (which serves both Hospitals) to meet seismic-safety requirements and capacity needs
- Modernizing and expanding Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital to meet capacity needs
- Replacing outdated School of Medicine facilities to meet new seismic-safety standards and to accommodate modern technology